Saturday 29 August 2020

Learn to appreciate and treasure your life

A monk had saved a young man from dying.
The young man said," Master, no use saving me today. When you leave me, I will still kill myself tomorrow."
So the monk asked, " Have you paid up your debts in this life time?"
" Even I am poor, I owe no one any money. How can you say I am in debt?"
The monk smiled at him and said, " Young man, who gives you this body of yours, your parents right? So you owe this debt to your parents. Who produce food and clothing to you? You owe these people debts. Who gives you your education and knowledge? Your teachers. Hence you can see in this life time you have owed so much debts that you have not paid yet. So how can you die now?"
" So... what am I going to do now, master?"
" Learn to appreciate and treasure your life. Be grateful to people who have provided you with things and knowledge that keep you going on in this life time."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment